Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween Sketches













So I've been feeling particularly Halloween-y as of late. I've been watching a lot of the old monster and horror movies while working at the video store and I've also started reading H.G. Wells' The Invisible Man. I've decided to dress up this year as a Drive-in roller waitress from American Graffiti, mostly as an excuse to wear those rockin' skates that Jonathan Trundle gave me. I was going to be Cesare, the somnambulist that strangles people from The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, but I thought it might be a bit obscure.

Anyway, here are some recent sketchbook drawings, all done in pencil. And of course my pumpkin paintings, done in acryllic, Vincent Price and Frankenstein's monster. Creepy bugs, monsters and bodies are basically what's been on my mind the past couple of weeks. Happy Halloween!!